Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Raw food day 2

Ok. I was a bad blogger today. Here I am, trying to show you all what I ate for a week of fooding....and I did not take any pictures of breakfast or lunch. Why? Because I was not happy about eating raw today. I read that this might happen...one's palette is not used to the taste of raw food, so you don't want to eat a lot...but I've never NOT had a huge appetite, so I didn't think it would happen to me. So, of course it happened. I ate, but I didn't eat very much, and did not enjoy it.

Wow....could that have been a more horrible intro to make you want to eat this food??

Here's the menu:

Breakfast: Uncooked Oats with Almond Milk and Fruit
1/2 cup oats
1 cup almond milk
a TON of blueberries
1/2 banana

This was good, and pretty much exactly like my usual bowl of oats in the morning....only not hot.

Lunch: Guacamole (another killer recipe from
Gena) and a huge salad
...click on the link for the recipe

Dinner time came around and I still did not have a huge appetite. I did need to eat though, so I threw together this soup. It was so tasty that I immediately got my appetite back... I then proceeded to devour the majority of it!

Kreamy Avocado Soup
1 ½ avocados
2 tbsp miso
2 tbsp olive oil
2 ½ c water
1 lime’s juice
2/4 tsp rosemary
1/3 tsp chipotle
¼ c. tomatoes diced (topping)

I'm hoping that I'll feel better tomorrow....I'm planning to eat less straight salad-like dishes (the thought of a cabbage roll right now makes my stomach turn) maybe this will help my will to eat raw.

1 comment:

  1. Avocado soup is definitely awesome! Glad it had the ability to give you your appetite back.

    Going raw is a daring journey! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete