Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Raw Day 6

I can't believe that it's day six already. This week has really flown by.

Breakfast: Banana w/ nut butter & a green monster


This combo satisfies my taste buds, keeps me full until lunch, and gives me a wonderful boost of energy (I think it's the greens!)


This green monster was made of 1 cup of almond milk, 2 cups packed kale, 1 tablespoon flax seed, a handful of strawberries, and a half of a banana. There's nothing like a smoothie in the morning!

Lunch: Blended Spinach Salad (another one from the lovely Gena....have I mentioned how much I love her site?!?!) & Leftover Alfredo Pasta
I wanted a little change from the salad for lunch routine, so I took Gena's advice, and tried her recipe for a chilled spinach soup. I blended this up before I headed off to work, stuck it in the fridge all morning, and it was perfectly chilled by lunchtime.

(It even looks pretty in tupperware!)

Spinach, avocado, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, pepper, water, and oil made up this soup. It was just alright. I think it needed a bit more salt & pepper...maybe it'll come out better next time.


Dinner: Raw Tacos

I had other plans for dinner, until I saw Gina's amazing creation of Raw Sloppy Joes. I knew immediately that's what I needed for dinner! I made several changes because of what I had around the kitchen, and here's what I used:

1/2 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/3 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 stick celery, diced
4 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
1 clove garlic
splash of apple cider vinegar
splash of soy sauce
dash of: oregano, cajun seasoning, paprika, red pepper flakes, chili powder, & cumin

Combine everything and chop in a blender or food processor. I followed Gina's lead and wrapped the mixture up in lettuce leaves.

EXTREME CLOSE-UP:


I can't tell you how much I LOVED THIS RECIPE. I was obsessed with the combo (tasted just like tacos!) and scarfed the whole batch down in one sitting. This is definitely an example of how the right seasoning can make anything delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment