Monday, July 20, 2009

Raw Day 5

I made it to day five!....and it was delicious!

Breakfast: Uncooked Oats & Fruit w/ Almond Milk

I was craving a little grain, so I decided to go with an old favorite....OATS!

Lunch: Collard Wraps w/ Ginger Dressing (from Ani's Raw)

I enjoyed these wraps more than the ones I made on Day 1. I'm thinking it might have been the dressing, since I've always loved bottled ginger dressings. I've never made my own, but it was quite easy...just blended together fresh ginger, a carrot, a dab of miso paste, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. YUM

Dinner: Raw Zucchini Alfredo with Basil and Cherry Tomatoes (another good one from Choosing Raw)

Since I so thoroughly enjoyed my last mock pasta, I was every excited to try my hand at this recipe. I "peeled" another zuchhini and a small carrot for the pasta. On top of that, I threw a handful of cherry tomatoes, freshly chopped basil, and a few chopped sun-dried tomatoes.


For the sauce recipe, click on the link above. I still have no idea how this sauce, which has a cashew base, tastes just like alfredo sauce! It really surprised me...and a couple of days later, I'm still drooling over this picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment