Friday, July 17, 2009

Raw Day 3

I'm feeling better today and am mentally ready to enjoy eating raw again. Dinner was FANTASTIC...keep reading to find out what made me so happy.

Breakfast: Banana w/ nut butter & a green monster

This was a simple breakfast. A banana cut in half with almond butter sandwiched in the middle and a good old fashined....green monster. (Note to Jenna: do you remember what an "Old Fashined" is....I think it belongs on your page)

For my green monster, I blended 1 cup of almond milk, 2 cups packed spinach, 1 tablespoon flax seed, a handful of strawberries, and a half of a banana. It turned out more brown than green, but it was magical.

Lunch: Leftover Kreamy Avocado Soup and a salad

The avocado soup was just as lovely the second time around. At the last minute, I added a handful of chopped basil leaves, which I totally recommend. The salad was half kale/half romaine, topped with yellow bell pepper, broccoli, green onion, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt & pepper. AND a little leftover guacamole. I was avocado-ed out after that....but nicley full.

Dinner: Zuchinni Pasta & Marinara Sauce

This recipe was the main reason that I started this week of raw indulgences. I was fascinated and really wanted to know what zucchini pasta tasted like. Jenna came over for a dinner/blog work date so she can back me up on this when I say:

O.M.G. This was the best raw OR cooked thing I have ever tasted!!! If Jenna hadn't been around to confirm this, I would have just thought I felt this way because all I had been eating this week mainly resembled salad. This. Was. A. Delight.

If you haven't tried this yet, I suggest dropping everything and "cooking" it tonight for dinner.

Just to note: I was finished making this entire meal before Jenna could even log into her Blogger account! It was ridiculously fast, easy, and delicious. That's what she said.

The base recipe is from Ani:
* 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
* 1 medjool date, pitted
* 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
* 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, fresh
* 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 2 teaspoons salt

I added (and definitly reccomend):
4 sundried tomatoes
1 handful chopped basil

1. Make the "noodle" base by slicing a zucchini lengthwise with a vegetable peeler...

...until you get this


2. Blend all sauce ingredients together until smooth

(my blender and I have been bffs this week, sorry jenna)

3. Spoon sauce over "noodles"


4. Laugh at Jenna because dinner is finished before she could sign in to her email

No comments:

Post a Comment