Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Internet Dating is So Fucking Awkward.


Online dating is so fucking weird and awkward even before you go so far as contacting another actual human being.

Kat is sending obscene emails to boys on nerve.com. Because I am lame and have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Thanks be to good friends in low places.

First, you have to fill out this ridiculous survey about your personality, likes, dislikes, etc. It's just like a job interview except that you're a loser, sitting at home, trying to find a date and probably feeling intoxicated and sorry for yourself. Now, you're expected to be clever. Who can possibly be any good at filling these things out unless you are a writer or average stand up comedian? How am I supposed to know what the most attractive and funny answer is to: My personal motto is:...?
My personal motto is, I wish I didn't have to go on the internet to find a fucking date.

This is in no way meant to insult people who have found true love on the interweb...I just don't understand when it stops being weird and starts being fun. You know, like when you browse Zappos.com to check out the shoe selection and you check out all different kinds of shoes...ones that you'd buy, and not buy, but in general, kind of a fun thing to do. But with shoes you don't have to email them and ask them out on dates and sound like a giant loser asking a stranger out to coffee. My hand is being forced here...and I'm beginning to have second thoughts. I AM WAY TOO AWKWARD TO DO THIS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment