Friday, November 13, 2009

Random Recipe of the Week: Pumpkin Pancakes


You had me at pumpkin....

....just looking at this can makes me drool.

OMG. I have been converted. I make pancakes every weekend, and I admit that I have....until now....always used a packaged mix. Trader Joe's Multigrain Pancake Mix was my favorite. I fell for it because it's packed with whole grains and is super quick and easy to make.

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com last week. I made a couple of substitutions for things I didn't have on hand (pumpkin pie spice for the all spice, canola for vegetable oil, and rice vinegar for regular vingear). The best part was that it only took 5 more minutes to throw together than pre-packaged mix, but the difference was immedeatly obvious! The pancakes were light and fluffy and you can really taste all the different spices in the batter...it was fantastic.


Did I mention that I grew up in the PUMPKIN CAPITOL OF THE WORLD, Morton, IL? Some of my most vivid memories as small child was attending the Pumpkin festival which is held every fall. I just looked at the schedule for this years festival; I wish I could have been at this tent:
"Pumpkin Delight Tent: featuring pumpkin ice cream served in cones or dishes, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin fudge, pumpkin chili, and pumpkin pie"
...This is my heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment