Friday, September 11, 2009

Kat: Empty Fridge

This is a great recipe for one of those nights after a long day of work when you need a quick meal and barely have anything left in your fridge. I always have an extra package of tofu, some parsley, garlic and pasta laying around, so if you're anything like me, you could make this at any given moment.

(Pssst....I can not remember for the life of me where the base of this recipe came from (I should really write these things down before I go to jail for copyright infringement). I do remember that I changed the herb to parsley...sorry ahead of time to whoever I stole this from!!!)

Ingredients:

1 package firm tofu, drained
1 cup fat free soy milk
a fist-full of parsley
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp onion flakes
black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp nutmeg
small pinch red chili pepper flakes
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender
2. Blend until smooth
3. Heat in a saucepan over low until warmed

4. Smother your pasta with it

...for this specific meal I sauteed a few veggies and layered them in between the pasta and sauce. It added a bit of a crunch for a completely satisfying meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment