Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kat: How Can It Be Wrong When It Feels So...Wrong?


While planning this post, I was thinking about writing a clever rant about fast food and how terrible it is for you....then I realized that if you're already reading this, you're probably interested in healthy food and cooking for yourself. So, I'll save you the lecture* and get to the good stuff.

I have a couple of recipes up my sleeve to help me during times I'm craving take out. I love this recipe to replace Chinese, this entire website for Indian, and when it comes to pizza, nothing beats this crust.

On pizza night, I look in my fridge and pull out any vegetables that look like they're on their way out...Voilà!...interesting new toppings that you didn't even have to plan! Here's an example of a delicious combo that I threw together recently.

1 large leek
3 cloves garlic
1/2 eggplant
1 small can tomato paste
1 cup water

1. Prepare crust as directed
2. Saute leek, garlic, and eggplant until tender


3. Mix tomato paste with water. Spread on prepared crust
4. Scatter veggie mixture over sauce
5. Extra toppings:

Veggie option: fresh tomatoes


Meat option: cooked chicken sausage


6. Bake until crust is crisp


Note: I was out of cheese *gasp* when I threw this together, but it wasn't even missed it with this topping combo! Feel free to smother yours with the good stuff.

*I will however, let you take a look at this article that I have read recently and loved (thanks, bro!).

I'm looking for a few new anti-fast food recipes. Anyone know some good ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment